Sunday, December 03, 2006

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow...







Well, as many know, our little town has been hit by what we from the east would call, a good "north-east-a". It started a few days ago, the temp. dropping quite low and then the snow came. Needless to say, the girls have been absolutely thrilled with their answered prayers for snow! To tell you the truth, mommy, did NOT want any snow, basically I was looking forward to a normal midwest kind of winter...which is very little snow, if any at all. But once I awoke to the shrills of my girls excitment because of everything in sight being covered in snow, all I could do was smile and help them get dressed for some good 'ol snow playing!
Seeing the snow did remind me of my growing up years, being from New England, childhood memories flooded my mind of playing endless hours outside with my brother and sister. We used to go zipping down a HUGE pile of snow into our backyard (it was accumulated for us by dad who when snowblowing the driveway would blow the snow into a giant mountian for us to slide down). Then there were the tunnels we would make with mom, you see snow storms would bring amounts of snow that would pile up to be taller than me, as a kid, that was super fun!

Now, as a mommy, I have the joy of helping my kiddos into their snow gear, wiping up puddles of melted snow, and my favorite part, kissing rosy red cheeks! :) It has been fun as a family to have some time together enjoying God's beautiful creation of sparkly white snow. I wanted to share some pictures with you all of our "winter wonderland".

4 comments:

Paula said...

The girls look like they are having a blast. When I was a little girl, I lives in Illinois and we hard wonderful snowy winters. I have wonderful memories of playing in the snow. Here in Tennesse we are lucky to get a "good" dusting once a year. (Which I am thankful to get.) So I have to say, I would be like your girls screaming with great excitement.

I am glad April and the babvy are doing fine.

Kate said...

Hi friend!!
Joel and I were away this weekend (Family Life conf--WONDERFUL!) and saw the news about the "north-east-a"...and thought of you guys! Glad you are good and enjoying the whiteness...I thought about what you said about your girls wanting snow! How super FUN is that?? No snow for us here, yet...maybe for a white Christmas??! :)
Love you girl,
Kari

Loving Life said...

Hey There!
I have to laugh because we here in Oregon got that snow last week and I had a blog all titled 'let it snow, etc.. but for whatever reason my blog would not post my pictures, but I'll do so soon and you can see our fun too! My guys woke me up at 6:30 and managed to finaggle us sleepy adults into a very early morning walk. It was so much fun to watch the boys! I grew up in Maine, so my memories also went back to the huge snow piles, tunnels and ice slides! I hope my boys get as many fun memories outta childhood as absolutely possible!
Sweet hugs Friend! Enjoy the white everything! We're into sunny but 20 degree weather!
Love Ya!

Erin Rebecca said...

Fun, I love kissing the rosy red cold cheeks too. I like the girls matching jackets too, very cute. maybe we'll get some snow here in Russia! soon:)